Monday, December 5, 2016




Massive Death Cap Bloom 

in San Francisco Bay Area

These Death Caps were found in Menlo Park, Ca in the woods by Alpine Road. I know people who picked five grocery bags of Death Caps today in Woodside California trying to make their property safe. 

Please be careful if you go hiking in parks. Personally I would not let a dog run free right now. The Death Caps have a sweet scent that is attractive to our pups.  After the mushrooms start to decay they smell like dead fish and are even more enticing.

There is more information on this site and posters which can be printed and shared with your friends. Please share this blog and get the word out....

                                                


They're called Death Caps 
for a 
reason....



Here  is a great article about treatment to share with your vet.

http://pacificvets.jbrmarketing.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pacifictide-2012-06.pdf


REMEMBER: IF YOU SUSPECT YOUR DOG OR CHILD HAS EATEN A DEATHCAP MUSHROOM
THE FIRST 24 HOURS ARE CRITICAL...
IT CAN BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH.

PICK MUSHROOMS, 
BAG THEM AND THROW THEM OUT...
AND DON'T LET YOUR DOG SEE YOU DIGGING THEM UP, 
FOR IT WILL ONLY PEAK THEIR INTEREST.


  IT IS MY HOPE
THAT LITTLE DONATO, BRUTUS, OTTO , COSBY, BELLA & TRUFFLES,
AND LITTLE DIXIE
WILL CARRY THIS MESSAGE 
AROUND THE WORLD
AND KEEP ALL OF OUR PUPS AND DOGS SAFE

Thursday, October 13, 2016



THREE YEAR OLD BOY DIES 
AFTER EATING
DEATH CAP MUSHROOM 



My heart goes out to the parents of this boy. I can't imagine their pain. Since July, newspapers in Vancouver were trying to spread the word...but it wasn't enough.


Please be careful out there. Make it a point to tell your friends and neighbors of this deadly danger....especially if they forage for wild mushrooms.

If you see DeathCaps growing in your area:

• Pick them, bag them and throw them out.

• Go to "Death Cap Poster" in this blog's menu bar.l Print out the poster and put them up where you've seen the mushrooms growing. More might come up.

• Call your local news stations and newspapers. Ask them to do a story on Death Caps warning the public.

• Take posters to your vets office and ask them to post them at their front desk.  




REMEMBER: If you suspect your dog or child has eaten a DeathCap Mushroom
the first 24 hours are critical...
it can be the difference between life and death.

PICK MUSHROOMS, 
BAG THEM AND THROW THEM OUT...
AND DON'T LET YOUR DOG SEE YOU DIGGING THEM UP, 
FOR IT WILL ONLY PEAK THEIR INTEREST.


  IT IS MY HOPE
THAT LITTLE DONATO, BRUTUS, OTTO , COSBY, BELLA & TRUFFLES,
AND LITTLE DIXIE
WILL CARRY THIS MESSAGE 
AROUND THE WORLD
AND KEEP ALL OF OUR PUPS AND DOGS SAFE

Saturday, September 10, 2016



Sweet Dixie
Died from Mushroom Toxicity
Menlo Park, CA

Let the Warning go out Near and Far !!!


It pains me to say, I just learned of Sweet Little Dixie, who lost her life to Mushroom Toxicity last October...and she lived in my very own neighborhood.  My heart goes out to her owners who loved her dearly and are now part of a very sad club. 

Alerts also arrived for those up on Vancouver Island. "First spotted in Vancouver in 2008, the death cap is currently spreading throughout Vancouver and has been found on Vancouver Island and the Fraser Valley as well." My friends...please heed the warning!



To top of the week... last night on a stroll thru Stanford Campus, but two feet from the sidewalk where everyone walks were three Death Caps. It's September...it's dry....and there they were. It has been my mission to spread the word and though I keep trying there's more work to be done.

I NEED YOUR HELP
KNOW WHAT A DEATH CAP LOOKS LIKE
AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!




Again, this is a great article about treatment to share with your vet.

http://pacificvets.jbrmarketing.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pacifictide-2012-06.pdf


REMEMBER: If you suspect your dog has eaten a DeathCap Mushroom
the first 24 hours are critical...
it can be the difference between life and death.

Pick mushrooms, 
Bag them and Throw them out...
And DON'T let your dog see you digging them up, 
for it will only peak their interest.

  IT IS MY HOPE
THAT LITTLE DONATO, BRUTUS, OTTO , COSBY, BELLA & TRUFFLES,
AND Little DIXIE
WILL CARRY THIS MESSAGE 
AROUND THE WORLD
AND KEEP ALL OF OUR PUPS AND DOGS SAFE

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Once again the warning goes out. 


One would think with the Dog Days of Summer upon us that we needn't worry about DeathCap Mushrooms...but it's just not the case. 

 I just read this post from the Napa Valley Register. 


" CALISTOGA -- Wine Country Animal Lovers is notifying pet owners that in the last month, two dogs have been treated at the Calistoga Pet Clinic after ingesting the toxic and deadly death cap mushroom." 
(http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/death-cap-mushrooms-poisoned-dogs-in-calistoga/article_38087a98-bb2c-5479-add5-023befba7321.html)
Please be careful out there. Though the temperature is up, remember people are still watering their lawns and gardens underneath oak trees....the favorite habitat for Death Caps.  
It was on a hot summer day in mid-August that I lost my sweet boy Donato to a DeathCap mushroom growing in Carmel Valley. 

I'm posting this again... it's a great article about treatment to share with your vet.

http://pacificvets.jbrmarketing.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/pacifictide-2012-06.pdf


REMEMBER: If you suspect your dog has eaten a DeathCap Mushroom
the first 24 hours are critical...
it can be the difference between life and death.

Pick mushrooms, 
Bag them and Throw them out...
And DON'T let your dog see you digging them up, 
for it will only peak his interests.

  IT IS MY HOPE
THAT LITTLE DONATO, BRUTUS, OTTO , COSBY, BELLA & TRUFFLES,
WILL CARRY THIS MESSAGE 
AROUND THE WORLD
AND KEEP ALL OF OUR PUPS AND DOGS SAFE